It is not every day that I wake up wanting pancakes but today I did. In truth I had been thinking about making these pancakes for a couple of days and today I finally gave in and decided to make them. I think they took less than 5 minutes to prepare and cook which is not bad for first thing in the morning.
I have been wanting to make a pancake that really summed up breakfast for me – something that was filling and which involved fruit so you don’t feel too guilty when you eat them. My answer came in the form of porridge and banana pancakes and I can assure you that they tasted delicious and they kept me full all morning.
Porridge Oats and Banana Pancakes
Ingredients: (makes 4 small pancakes)
- ¼ cup / 30g plain flour
- ¼ cup / 30g porridge oats
- ½ an individual pot / 60g natural yogurt (plus a little to serve with)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ a banana sliced into thin pieces (plus a few slices to serve with)
- 1-2tsp runny honey
- vegetable oil (for cooking with)
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan whilst you prepare the pancake batter.
2. Whisk the egg and the yogurt together in a bowl.
3. Add the flour, porridge oats and sugar to the wet mix and whisk well.
4. Spoon a little of the batter into the frying pan and drop a few of the banana pieces into the batter mix. Cook each pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side. Depending on the size of your frying pan you may be able to cook more than one pancake at a time.
5. Serve the pancakes with some fresh banana, a spoonful of yogurt and a little honey drizzled over the top. Enjoy!