Salmon and broccoli quiche is not a revolutionary idea but I think that the flavour combinations work really well together. This type of quiche is good hot or cold and would be ideal to eat as a light supper or lunch. There is also a subtle flavour of lemon which complements the salmon nicely.
This quiche requires very little preparation and can be knocked up in less than 30 minutes. It looks particularly appetising due to the different colours and tastes delicious. I served it with a green salad with a lemon dressing and beetroot which worked really well, alternatively if time is not on your side then sweetcorn or peas would be equally as good!
Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- 1 packet of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3-4 heads of broccoli (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 300g smoked salmon
- zest of a lemon
- 4 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 1 heaped tbsp crème fraiche
- oil (for cooking with)
1. Preheat oven to 190C fan.
2. Place the onions in frying pan with a little oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli pieces, stir together and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Whisk the eggs, milk, zest, crème fraiche and seasoning together in a bowl.
5. Place the pastry in a flan dish, evenly distribute the onions and broccoli on the base of the flan, place the smoked salmon in the gaps then pour over the egg mix.
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating with a salad.